If you want to become successful in the competitive Hospitality and Tourism industry, you will need the following skills and personal characteristics:
- Good communication skills
- Love of working with people
- Ability to work in a team
- Passion for service excellence
- Ability to adapt
What is your key to success?
Service excellence. The Hospitality and Tourism industry relies largely on people’s spare time, as well as their disposable income. Unlike other industries, the Hospitality and Tourism industry does not provide services and products that are a necessity – going on holiday is a luxury.
For this reason, people working within the Hospitality and Tourism industry really need to work hard to gain clients and keep their clients happy.
Within this industry, the success of a business depends largely on the level of service provided to guests and clients. In other words, good customer service is at the heart of a successful business within the Hospitality and Tourism industry.
Clients bring in the income for Hospitality and Tourism businesses, and this is why it is vital to keep clients happy. Guests should be made to feel welcome, and should be given the highest quality service.
How can you deliver quality service?
- Listen to your clients and what they need – do not assume.
- Communicate regularly with clients to ensure that they are satisfied.
- Treat clients as individuals – make them feel special, and address them by name.
- Be patient with your clients.
- Deal with problems immediately, and always apologise when something goes wrong.
- Get regular feedback from clients – this will help you to improve your services.
If you want to gain a competitive advantage in the Hospitality and Tourism industry, it would serve you well to complete a course in Hospitality and Tourism.
This will equip you with valuable skills that are needed to work in this industry – including how you can maintain service excellence.
Want to find out more about Hospitality and Tourism Courses?
Contact Skills Academy to speak to a Course Expert.
0800 040 040